Reflexology is an ancient therapy that comes from several civilizations such as India, Egypt and China. Feet, hands and face are seen as a mini-map of the body. The Reflexologist applies some pressure using thumbs, fingers and hands on reflex areas corresponding to organs, glands and body parts. The aim is to bring the body and the whole person into balance, on the mind, body and spirit levels getting rid any blockages of energy and encouraging self-healing.
Furthermore working on reflex areas generate positive responses to stimuli. The use of nerve pathways creates electro-chemical flows that have an effect on the internal part of the body and nervous system releasing chemicals that support health and well-being. Thus Reflexology helps your body release endorphins which are natural pain killers.
I was speaking to a friend the other day. She told me about Reflexology and said it would be really good for me. I was feeling really down with no energy and not feeling myself. May be early stages of menopause. I made an appointment with Serene Reflexology. So came the day I met Anne and had a chat with her. In her lovely cosy room she made me feel very relaxed and we had a chat about myself, my lifestyle, etc. I had the best session of relaxation. I even fell asleep! I really needed it. It was fantastic! I felt lifted and light. I seemed normal again. I guess you’d say balanced. I would highly recommend Anne – Serene Reflexology – as she has a great gift. Thank You!
Safe, effective & non-intrusive holistic therapy suitable for all ages
There is an initial consultation for a 1st Treatment that lasts for a few minutes. This is to evaluate your overall health, life style and diet.
Reflexology is not recommended if you have deep vein thrombosis, are in your first 3 months of pregnancy, or directly after a surgery. Therefore, Reflexology can speed recovery if applied before a surgery. If you have a specific issue, always check with your doctor first. As a complementary therapy, Reflexology doesn’t replace conventional medicine and medication.
Keep in mind
- In despite of feeling some benefits from a first Reflexology treatment session several sessions are recommended to solve a specific problem as it takes time to heal and to restore
- Monitoring progress after each treatment is part of the Reflexology treatment
- Clients are asked to follow recommendations the Reflexologist tell them after each treatment for lasting effects and better results
- Combination of treatments after a first treatment between foot, hand and face and a second treatment with Indian Head Massage and Energy Healing practice such as IET (for emotional blockage of energy) or Magnified Healing (higher vibratory energy healing) is possible.
What can Reflexology do for you?
- Improve blood circulation,
- Help reduce stress, anxiety, tiredness, difficulty to sleep,
- Relief depression symptoms
- Headaches and migraines,
- Improve digestion, elimination of waste and toxins
- Menstrual problems, irregularities, PMS, easing Menopausal symptoms
- Help with Conception and Maternity
- Help with sinus congestion, asthma, hay-fever, bronchitis
- Neck and shoulder ache
- Help with back-ache, sciatic, muscle and joints pain
- Skin disorders (eczema)
- Post Cancer
- Easing symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Easing symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Make a Foot Reflexology Session Appointment
To make an appointment simply use our booking system below or call us.
Private Health Insurance Cover & Money Back
Serene Reflexology practitioners are registered reflexologists with full NRRI membership accredited by VHI Healthcare, Laya Healthcare, Aviva, Irish Life Health and GLO Health for reflexology treatment which means clients who have a policy with any of these Health Insurers may be eligible for a refund for some of their Reflexology costs depending on their level of cover – this applies only to clients from the Republic of Ireland.
Did you know your third Reflexology treatment is actually free at Serene Reflexology if you have a private health insurance plan? Find out more here