What is anxiety?
Anxiety is the body’s reaction to stressful, unfamiliar or dangerous situations. It’s a sense of uneasiness, distress or dread you feel before a major event. Worrying too much about a job interview or stressing out too much is unhealthy and could be a sign of anxiety disorder which is completely debilitating. Anxiety disorder prevents one from sleeping, concentrating, talking to others or even leaving home. It makes sufferers feel as though they have no control over their feelings and it can involve serious physical symptoms such as headaches, nausea or trembling.
What are the symptoms of anxiety?
Common symptoms of anxiety include
- Excessive, irrational or uncontrollable feelings of worry and dread
- Sensations of panic and uneasiness for no apparent reason
- Obsessive thoughts
- Ritualistic behavior
- Trouble sleeping
- Heart palpitations
- Muscle tension
- Inability to remain calm
- Trouble concentrating
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Dry mouth
- Cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Trembling or shaking
Anxiety treatments at Serene Reflexology
If you have trouble sleeping, heart palpitations or have other symptoms above, you may feel like you’ve always been anxious. At Serene Reflexology we have treatments to help you relieve anxiety. For more information on our treatments for anxiety relief please click the links below
- Reflexology – http://serene-reflexology.com/treatments/reflexology/
- Indian Head Massage – http://serene-reflexology.com/treatments/indian-head-massage
Also have a look at our article on Reflexology for Stress Relief – http://serene-reflexology.com/blog/reflexology-for-stress-relief/.