Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS)
What is Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS)?
Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue. It is a disabling condition often affecting the central nervous system, brain, blood, muscles, joints, GI tract and lymph system.
What are the causes of CFIDS?
In despite of theories ranging from viral infections to psychological stress the cause of chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome is unknown.
What are the symptoms of CFIDS?
Symptoms of chronic fatigue include disabling
- Fatigue which is not significantly helped by rest
- Orthostatic intolerance (inability to stand for periods of time)
- Muscle weakness and pain, joint pain
- Sleep disturbances and un-refreshing sleep
- Cognitive problems including memory loss and difficulty concentrating
- Gastro-intestinal problems
- Enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits
Chronic fatigue treatments at Serene Reflexology
Our treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome focuses on symptom relief. Therefore depending on the symptoms experienced by the client our registered reflexologist will tailor the reflexology treatment as to work with the acupressure points in the feet for chronic fatigue relief. For more information on our reflexology treatment have a look at http://serene-reflexology.com/treatments/reflexology/.